eldec manufactures several categories of induction heating generators for a wide variety of processes and applications, including induction brazing, shrink fitting, annealing, pre-heating for welding, adhesive curing and more. While it is best to consult with one of our induction heating experts in order to customize a system for your specific process and part, here is a list of our main categories and the potential uses for each type to use as a guide.
Medium Frequency (MF or MFG)
- Frequency range = 8 - 40 kHz
- Typically used for applications with thicker materials or those that require deeper heat penetration.
High Frequency (HF or HFG)
- Frequency range = 80 - 400 kHz
- Typically used for applications where the materials are very thin or for a thicker material where only the surface is heated.
Low Frequency (LF or LFG)
- Frequency range = 2 - 8 kHz
- Used for specialized applications. Our applications personnel will be able to tell you if your application requires this type of generator.
Dual Frequency (DF or DFG)
- A generator with two different (switchable) frequency ranges.
- Ideal for customers who only want one generator, but have multiple applications that require different frequency ranges (for example, one MF and one HF application).
Simultaneous Dual Frequency (SDF)
- A generator with the capability of using two different frequencies at the same time.
- Ideal for gear hardening.
Whether you are replacing a generator; seeking to improve your manufacturing process speed, accuracy and efficiency; or integrating induction heating into your complex process, eldec's experts can help.